Monday, May 3, 2010

Day Two Hundred Seventy-one: Evening of May 3rd 2010

The big issue today was getting the iPad to work with the flat screen through the VGA adapter. At first we, my daughter and I, thought that we didn't have the correct setting on the TV, but the 'PC Connect' was the correct setting.
My daughter went on line and found that only certain apps work with the adapter. Safari is supposed to be one (it didn't work) and Video, too (it did work). She has a Netflix account and wanted to use that, so she downloaded the Netflix app onto the iPad and found that it didn't work.
After being frustrated for about twenty minutes, we returned to the Xbox 360 logged in and activated her Netflix account through the iPad (weird) and began watching her film. The Xbox 360 catch - a Gold membership account is needed.
Earlier, we tried to find the working throughout the Playstation 3, but I couldn't find anything in the store, so we passed on that. Later in the evening I found the setup link, so the next time my daughter needs to access Netflix, she can work through the PS3 without any membership program.
So to summarize, the iPad has a mystery, the Xbox 360 requires an gold membership, and the PlayStation 3 can work once you locate the Netflix link ('What's New' window).
I thought that I would play a bit more video games, but I kept dosing off. I must have depleted my batteries yesterday.
Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment