Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day Two Hundred Eighty-six: Afternoon of May 18th 2010

I downloaded an app for the iPad, that proved to be an interesting puzzle game. It's called Implode! Lite by IUGO Mobile Entertainment, Inc.
The object of the is to demolish structures. You're presented with a structure, given a fixed amount of explosives, a rubble height goal to come in below, and then try to destroy the structure by the strategic placement of the explosives. As you complete each task, you are given the option of moving on, retrying (for more points), replaying the event to admire you handy work, or quit. The new challenge increases the difficulty by adding some twist to the previous scenario. The lite version only has ten challenges, with three levels of difficulty. I've forgotten how many challenges there are in Implode! XL, over 100 I think. The price is $ 2.99 and, I not sure about this, but there seems to be updates that add new challenges.
At first, I thought that this might be an easy game, and initially that was the way it played out. By the time I reached the eighth or ninth level, I saw the the assignment demands required a more thoughtful assessment explosive placement. I could begin to see the possibilities of this game as a time killer, and if there is DLC then it could prove to be a decent acquisition.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment