Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day Two Hundred Ninety-one: Evening of May 23rd 2010

I managed to sneak in a session with the Xbox 360 game, Alan Wake. It's wasn't really a sneak, but rather a break in the Sunday routine. I had set the laundry in motion, washer and dryer, put the disk in the console, committed the usual mistake of sitting in "The Recliner" before launching the game. So after a brief nap, I found that the intro graphics are great, the term cinematic could be used. The training scenario, linking learning the controls to the story were solid and smooth. The opening scenarios follows what occurred in the training period seamlessly. I was having an engrossing experience, but had yet to hit the real scary event that the reviewers mentioned. I hope that I haven't jaded my expectations enough to diminish the impact of a future shock.
Now I have divided my loyalties. On the one hand, Red Dead Redemption is worthy of my full attention, but on the other, so it seems, is Alan Wake which as of my initial exposure may require my similar attention. It seems like I have a pleasant dilemma brewing.
We shall see.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment