Monday, May 10, 2010

Day Two Hundred Seventy-eight: Afternoon of May 10th 2010

Well, as I predicted, very little in the way of gaming occurred today. Getting ready for the errand, running the errand, coming back about three hours later, figuring out which console to use, then which game play (Dead to Rights: Retribution) rounded out the activities just prior to my sitting down in the recliner and falling asleep - Bam! Getting ready for supper sealed the deal until now, when I began typing this entry.
I managed to sneak a peek at the iPad Apps Store for a while during desert and noticed that moving around for current apps was fairly easy, but going deeper (without searching) is a bit more time consuming. I wanted to check out the iPad version of Civilization, and it wasn't listed in 'New' or 'What's Hot' of the 'Featured' category. The 'Top Charts' category search turned up no hint of the game, so I shifted to the general category section. Here I decided to skim thought the games just to see if there was anything else of interesting the Games category. As I moved through each page I was amazed at the number of, and types of, games available. After a while I wondered how many pages I had move through I checked the upper left-hand corner, noting, not pages but number of game looked at, and What amazed me was, and I don't know how I failed recognize it before this look, that I had checked out about two hundred and fifty game out of (wait for it) 1,507 games. Holy cow (Harry Caray reference)! In just six weeks the game developers had posted that many games for the iPad. Not all are good, some are enhance versions of iPhone games, but still that is a lot of apps for such a new device in a six week period
Tomorrow will be rainy, and still on the cool side, although warmer than today. Hopefully, I will not be lulled into sleep when I sit in the recliner after running my errand, but I'm not counting on it.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment