Friday, May 21, 2010

Day Two Hundred Eighty-nine: Evening of May 21st 2010

"Red Dead Redemption for the PS3 lives up to the various positive reviews that I have run across online," was the opening line in yesterday post. I'll stand by that but there were distractions that proved to be a hitches in the overall experience.
It has taken me awhile to work with controlling my horse. Primarily, changing the direction of travel was a puzzlement. Traveling in a straight line or even a gentle turn wasn't a problem, but maneuvering in tight places or sharp turns was proving to be where my control broke down. I started studying the control of the horse and noticed that I had to move the controls to actually move the horse's head to make a tight turn in a corner. I'll have to try this a few more times, and maybe check the manual to see if it has statement regarding mount control.
This leads into the next problem, which was solved when I checked the manual, was crouching to utilize cover. There is a scenario with a shoot out and as you approach the site with the local Marshall (you're a good guy), the avatar automatically goes into a crouch, so I thought that would happen anytime some one starts shooting at you. Boy was I wrong. Chalk up a few deaths until I found that pushing the left control stick (L3) in would cause my avatar to duck so that I could crouch behind any type of cover. As I hinted in the opening sentence, I knew that I could find this in the manual.
I didn't get a chance to play today and because of a number of chores tomorrow, I probably won't play Red Dead Redemption or Alan Wake tomorrow.
We shall see.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment