Friday, April 30, 2010

Day Two Hundred Sixty-eight: Evening of April 30th 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction has been played through, and I was wrong about Sam Fisher's Third Echelon tech contact, Anna "Grim" Grimsdóttír. The designers did a nice job of misdirection. Sam would talk to Grim and the next thing you know enemy operatives were all over the place. It seemed like she would always send him into the teeth of the storm. Of course, it might be the fact that I don't 'sneak' well, but still it seemed strange that I wasn't able to find the path of least resistance. Oh well, it's done and I hope to return and try it at a higher level of difficulty, but I have other games to explore and test my skills.
Speaking of other games, I played Dead to Rights: Retribution for about three hours and the there were times when I was having fun, but then I would have trouble figuring out what I should be doing. I could check the objectives but they were broadly painted and weren't much help. So muddling through would occur, and I would be happy that I was playing on the easiest level of difficulty. I think that I'm about halfway through, but I can't be sure.
I want to get back to Army of Two: The 40th Day and finish Chapters of Deceit on the PS3 and I've forgotten about Bioshock 2. It not as engrossing as the first installment but still a good game and I'm going to have to have the manual open to refresh my memory regarding button assignments. Hopefully, it will come back to me quickly.
We shall see.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment