Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day Two Hundred Forty-seven: Evening of April 8th 2010

So Bioware's new DLC for Mass Effect 2 is challenging and I wish there had been an introductory adventure to meet Kasumi. Her special ability, an invisible phase move from one location to another, is similar to the Borderlands' female character. When the ME 2 character materializes it is usually next to an opponent, which she can dispatch if her victim is in a weakened state. This ability can be called upon through the skills select, fosters teamwork, and requires thoughtful targeting. I noticed that there are occasions when Kasumi puts herself in harms way-meaning in the middle of a pack of enemies. Every once in a while it results in her death and the use of a med-gel pack.
I made the mistake of playing the scenario on the 'insanity' difficulty setting. It really fostered teamwork and the use of cover. In the heat of battle, you could here Kasumi yell out the direction that the next wave of baddies were coming from in the final boss battle. It took me over two hours of actual combat to finish that final battle. It was very satisfying. I guess that playing at the most difficult level engenders that feeling. I'm glad and it wasn't a mistake to play it at the 'insanity' setting.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford.
-- Post From My iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment