Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day Two Hundred Fifty-five: Evening of April 17th 2010

As usual, Saturday has filled with little chores, so it was difficult to spend any quality time with any of my console games. But I was able to install a utility, TuneRanger on my Mac book Pro and my Toshiba, that I though would help in synchronizing and organizing my various iTunes collections.
The key to synchronizing with this application in network stability. The directions are adequate, and the heavy emphasis on network settings should have clued me in. My first mistake was synchronizing all files, including movies and TV shows. The program seemed to freeze when it started to download the first movie, when in reality, the wireless network uploading/downloading speed was slow. I reset, which means restart, both my PC and my Mac, and made sure only the music was set to transfer. I started the process, watched for a while as the songs started to transfer, then left to work on the laundry. When I returned about thirty minutes later, about eighty songs had been transferred with more appearing as I watched. I checked the connection strength. The next thing I notice, song transfers were failing. I was confused, and wondered what was happening. As I flushed the failed tunes, I asked my daughter how the network was. Her negative reply pointed me in the right direction. The network let me down. I'll have to rethink my idea about what to do the next time I try it out.
We shall see.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment