Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day Two Hundred Fifty-two: Evening of April 14th 2010

A busy day with some chores inside and two errands out of the house.
I played a little Splinter Cell: Conviction, restarting the game on the Xbox 360 Elite. I was complacent, and was killed sooner the yesterday's attempt. I took a risk and, because I'm learning the cover system, I left myself open to a shotgun blast. Oh well tomorrow is another day.
Yesterday, I was waxing poetic about Apple's productivity software. When I was finished I wondered about a database and today I found the app that actually works between the iPad and a Mac or a PC. Its file compatibility isn't with Microsoft's Access, but FileMaker's personal database Bento 3. I glanced at Bento for iPad's specs today, and it seemed to offer a basic set of DB functions. There was one caveat that caught my eye. The iPad version of Bento might have trouble handling a large database created in Bento 3 on a Mac. It sounds like a memory issue, so would having the larger iPad memory eliminate that problem?
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford.
-- Post From My iPad using Pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment