Monday, April 19, 2010

Day Two Hundred Fifty-seven: Evening of April 19th 2010

No games today, but I worked on shifting the WiFi router around to improve the signal strength on the first floor. I had purchased a specially designed wall mount for the Airport Extreme and spent the afternoon moving surge protectors around, shifting plugs around, and reorganizing the hookup cables. In the end, I managed to reposition the router about six feet from its current location. It seemed to work, but it wasn't until ten minutes ago, that I was able to see if the signal strength had improved. I'm sitting in a chair, that is the farthest away from the wireless unit, and just successfully downloaded an app. My wife confirmed the improved signal. After battling the tenatious cables, I feel a sense of accomplishment.
There was a 'Plan B' ready, just in case. That entailed the purchase of an Airport Express, and wirelessly extending the network. The drawback was the extra hundred dollars that needed to be expended to purchase the unit. So I am doubly happy about the success of the relocation.
Maybe I'll be able to play a bit tomorrow. We shall see.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment