Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day Two Hundred Forty-three: Evening of April 4th 2010

Repeat of “OMG - The ladies of the house were totally into their iPads.”
I came down after getting everything settled in; dog walked, laundry dealt with, and I’m ready to help set up for our Easter dinner. What do I see and hear? The iPad is in use displaying recipes for rack of lamb, a string bean casserole and a conversation describing apps dealing with recipes. I’ve got some clearing out to do, so I listen, detecting the glee filling each cook.
Later, I begin to clean house on the iPad, removing any iPhone specific apps (camera and tool related) and minimally used apps (location of speed trap, bus stop times). Then I search through to see if there are any new updates for the iPhone apps and iPad counterparts. Of course I play The Creeps! on the iPad. I notice a difference in game play, minor variations, and some aren’t covered in the ’Help’ descriptions.
Finally, just before I started working on this entry my daughter informs me of an app, Desktop Connect, that allows you to access the desktop of her Mac Book Pro. It will permit the iPad to control the Pro, opening applications and seeing what is happening on the laptop. One benefit, no problems with Flash, because the iPad has become a virtual screen for the laptop. The downside, the setup directions are a bit confusing.
It was at this point that the screen went white and was unresponsive to any attempt to bring it back to a normal state. I am a bit perplexed and angry. there was a bit more information, but I guess I'll put that on a back burner. There is a storm outside, but nothing threatening. The computer was running on battery, so even that wouldn’t be a problem. I guess I’ll do some diagnostics now, just to see if it is anything detectable.
We shall see.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you is can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment