Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day Two Hundred Sixty-seven: Evening of April 29th 2010

Time consuming activities (not negative, just time intensive) and plumbing damage control were the key elements of today's twenty-four.
I did manage to check out the copy of Dead to Rights: Retribution that I received yesterday before I left the house. I spent a little over an hour and a half of running, punching, shooting. I began playing as the hero's canine sidekick. That was a first for me, and was fun most of the time. I hadn't learned the controls, but I enjoyed running through some of the bad guys.
Playing as the lead character, my initial objective was to save the employees at a large media corporation. This scenario introduced the key combat components of the game. One component that is explained is called 'focus' which is Slo-Mo view of the action. It can only last as long as an indicator show it can, and not only acts as an offensive bonus, but your defense is improved. I don't recall any other game that I have that offers this feature, but I'll check somewhere down the line. It does add a bit of control in a hostage situation. I'll probably play a bit more tomorrow, but I'd like to get back to Splinter Cell: Conviction and finish that one.
We shall see.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment