Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day Two Hundred Fifty-nine: Evening of April 21st 2010

The hard drive issue from yesterday remained unresolved because a Torq-10 bit wasn't available to unscrew the external cover from the back of the defective computer.
When researching the procedure for opening the Mac, the images associated with disassembling the unit showed Philips head screws, so my wife knew that she had that type of tool, so she left the bit set at home. Low and behold, the screw head showed the asterisk shape of a Torq bit. The phone call was made and the search began. It really wasn't much of a search, I knew where all the bits were. My only question was, "Did I have a T-10 bit?" Both sets of tools contained the needed Torq bit. That means tomorrow we will find out if the adapter works, and the students' will be rescued. I certainly hope so.
On the gaming side, I can, with certainty, say the insanity difficulty setting requires a serious re-evaluation of my tactics and use of cover. I managed to finish the Omega quests, but only after restarting the scenario from the beginning once and eight restarts from various locations. So I managed to play Mass Effect 2 for about two hours before I had to get dinner.
For as long as it's needed, I'll keep closing this way. Please check out a good organization that's providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford. 
-- Post From My iPad using Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment