Monday, March 15, 2010

Day Two Hundred twenty-three: Evening of March 15th 2010

After trying to pull off the air-to-ground attack on the anti-aircraft batteries in IL-2 Sturmovik, I gained a deeper respect for any of our pilots who have this as a mission. I still wonder if I understood the mission correctly, because later, with the flak units out of the way and then destroying a few selected enemy ground units, the mission was completed. I don’t know, but I was glad to get out of that scenario and into a ground support mission using rockets. That mission was handled significantly better. I’ve finished the Battle of the Bulge, and now I’m in the final set of scenarios dealing with the closing days of the Reich in and around Berlin.
Around 3:30 pm I shifted into Final Fantasy XIII and played that for about three hours. If you haven’t played any Final Fantasy games, the tutorial for this version really eases you into the action. Basically you are given a set of actions that you can perform, you use them through a number of actions and as you shift to a more demanding environment, a new tutorial expanding the capabilities of you characters. The game at this point is fairly linear. The map shows the way that you need to go. The environment is gorgeous, the characters move across the terrain smoothly, naturally, and it is easy to get lost in the adventure. I was having fun experimenting with the new capabilities and function as they were introduced into the game play. I think that I’m getting a better feel for the game than I’ve had with the other versions.
There is more to come and we shall see what unfolds in the hours to come.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment