Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day Two Hundred twenty-nine: Evening of March 21st 2010

Wow, the yesterday’s entry, “As usual The weekend is long on chores and short on game play,” was as valid today as it was yesterday. As a matter of fact, I had even less free time today than yesterday, but I managed to experiment with the Mac Book Pro.
I wanted to see how the movies and Dragon Age: Origins looked the 40 inch flat screen.
I knew it wouldn’t take long. I’ve been experimenting with hooking up Mac laptops to a variety of output devices, and never had any kind of problems. I didn’t have to hit a function key (I think F5) like I had to on some of the PCs I’ve had to use. I set up the cable on the display, both my Mac Book Pro and the flat screen were on, plugged it into the laptop, opened the display’s menu, and selected the PC option for receiving the computer’s signal. The computer screen popped up on the display, without any distortion. I activated Dragon Age and it appeared on the screen and looked great. If I had had time I would have loaded up Dragon Age on the Xbox 360 and switched back and forth to see how close or different the versions were. I played for about fifteen minutes and quit. Then I activated tunes to check out a movie. I had to stop watching The Fearless Vampire Killers, so that I could put the dishes in the washer and work on this entry. The images on the screen looked great. I’ll have to try comparing some of the films that I have both DVD and iTune copy in the future. It’s nice to know how easy it is to pump out the screen contents on laptop and see it look so good on the display.
I’ll have to see what happens tomorrow, and what I work on.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment