Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day Two Hundred Twenty-Five: Evening of March 17th 2010

Almost a minimal gaming day, for just about an hour in the morning but the afternoon was spent playing Final Fantasy XIII for three hours.
It didn’t take long to finish IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, but that ending is just the beginning. Upon completing the game, I discovered that a series of separate scenarios had been unlocked. I didn’t recognize them because the headings for that set of scenarios was the same as the campaign headings that I had just finished. So I assumed that it contained the scenarios I had just completed, but I was wrong. Well it looks like I’ll be able to refine my air-to-ground skills whenever I get the urge.
As far as FF XIII is concerned I’ve grown comfortable with the method of instruction that the game has adopted. What generated a sense of satisfaction was related to the intuitive nature of the character development. When the tutorial information popped up related to the expansion of the characters’ capabilities, I had already been doing it.
The tutorials can lead to experimentation, to see what kind of impact on opponents certain combination of character skills can create. This becomes a learning experience that can result in immediate failure (resulting in a retry), but ultimately, and hopefully, long term success.
We shall see.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment