Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day Two Hundred-twelve: Evening of March 4th 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 took me about eight hours to finish. Of course the closing scene sets up the potential for Battlefield: Bad Company 3 - North to Alaska. Of course, I won’t go into the details of the ending, in case you haven’t finished. Before I left the game to play Borderlands, I tried the multiplayer option. It was straight forward, select the type of multiplayer mode, select your specialty, pick squad member or solo, and play. I managed to break even, two kills and two deaths. I needed to get used to the sighting procedure, because I could have contribute more to my team victory. It was fun, and I probably suffered from ‘buck fever’ after I saw one of the opposition move into my field of view. I thought about staying in multiplayer, but the call of Borderlands and The Armory scenario ‘required’ my attention.
I’m going to skip to my current situation. Right now my PlayStation is on, Borderlands is in pause, I think I’m about to complete the final quest. My soldier is actually in the armory. It was a real battle to get there, which is why I don’t want to have to repeat that journey. It was just to time consuming and my emotional investment in getting here was great. I’m beating myself over my head for not playing this on the PlayStation in the living room, but the big screen monitor is on the back porch and the game looks so good there.
So what happened? There was an emergency, so some other work had to be done on the back porch, and my game playing had to cease. I had to make some quick choices about what equipment to sell, what to keep, and stock up on supplies before I went into stasis. I check periodically to see if the machine isn’t over heating. I hope to finish the scenario off before I go to bed - a 5am wake up awaits.
We shall see.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment