Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day Two Hundred twenty-six: Evening of March 18th 2010

From 1 o’clock until 5 pm, Final Fantasy XIII was the game of the day. For a while I thought about firing up Dragon Age: Origins, because my interest in the latest DLC, Awakening. I ended up staying with FF XIII, because of a review that stated it took the reviewer 55 plus hours to complete (I'll take longer), and the forty dollar price at tag on the Dragon Age DLC (I just ordered some DVDs). The Final Fantasy experience will have my attention for now.
Speaking of now, another ‘Big Boss’ battle occurred, and it was tougher than the previous, which is to be expected. You really have to study the opponent actions and reactions. At first I couldn’t understand what was going on, but ultimately I discerned the pattern that was occurring with the boss character. It took me four or five attempts before I found the combinations that were most effective (greatest impact) and then put it together. I almost had it once, but I pulled up short and it took three more retries before the boss was controlled. This opponent, once defeated actually becomes a powerful ally, and it’s strengths are put to use in the next battle. Of course, your character can’t on that ally all the time, you have to build up a reservoir of performance based points before you can effectively use your powerful ally. So tomorrow, I’ll decide which games I’ll play in the afternoon. Right now Final Fantasy seems to be the favorite, but I do change my mind, and I haven’t really played my Xbox 360 much in recent days.
We shall see.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make what ever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment