Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day Two Hundred twenty-one: Evening of March 13th 2010

Weekends are predominately dedicated to getting the house ready for the upcoming week. But I did manage to play some IL-2 in early afternoon. My wife wanted to take a nap, so I turned on the tuner/amplifier, shut off the external speakers, and hooked up the headset. This actually works for me. I can hear the chatter including discerning flight commands that are normally lost in the background noise. Now I get to fly missions during the Battle of the Bulge.
I feel a little more comfortable with the flight controls, with the exception of the right stick which is a combination of throttle (speed up and down) and yaw (left rudder and right). Sometime in the heat of battle, I’ll slew left or right and accidentally decrease the speed of the aircraft, which could result in a stall, or if I’m at a lower altitude crash landing. I’ve gotten better at catching myself, but I usually don’t catch it during a critical part of the mission.
Later in the afternoon the mail arrived and my copy of Final Fantasy XIII was a part of the delivery. Well, this will be my final attempt at completing any of the Final Fantasy games That I have (I have three - Final Fantasy X, X.5 and XII for the PS2 and FFIII for the DS). I fired it up and am working my way through the tutorial. The graphics are magnificent, and the combat commands seem to be fluid, although I’m still trying to understand what I’m doing with the rest of the elements under my control. I’ll see what the tutorial has in store for me tomorrow.
We shall see.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment