Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day Two Hundred-seventeen: Evening of March 9th 2010

What a day, I completed some needed chores in the morning, and then spent the afternoon with Heavy Rain, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Borderlands.
It’s not the interface used in Heavy Rain that is causing me problems, but it’s handling the movement of the character to line up with the action spots. I’m beginning to feel more comfortable with the environment, but sequence keyed actions take a bit of time getting used to (I have issues with this in all games). The story is building like an tense detective movie. The characters’ decisions have had some immediate repercussions, both positive and negative. How these choices will effect the characters down the road, remains to be seen. I noted that one of the trophies is awarded for keeping all the cast members alive - interesting.
Next was collecting the final weapon in Bad Company 2. Last night’s failure caused me to try switching my weapon in the previous scenario, work my way through to the point in the following scenario where I pick up that final piece, and see what happens. Well, something happened, but not what I expected. Simple put, the weapon that I thought was the correct one, wasn’t. I was looking in the wrong place. The soldier with the needed weapon was at the bottom of the slope leading up to the humvees. All I had to do was turn around and walk down the slope to complete the set. (On an another level, I’m bothered by the hunting for equipment on bodies of my fellow soldiers. It probably happens, but that thought doesn’t remove the feeling).
Finally, I decided to return to the Armory in Borderlands to see if I can fix the problem and complete the mission, whatever that might be now. I fought my way back to the armory, and low and behold, I have to face General Knoxx and defeat him again. I learned my lesson from my first experience, and knew what was coming. I managed to defeat the general, then managed to get lost in the Armory and was blown up with it. End of game - not! The credits role by and I materialize back in T-Bone Junction and cash in - mission accomplished.
I was happy, and the phone rang. “Who do you want to order from?” It was time for dinner.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment