Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day Two Hundred twenty-four: Evening of March 16th 2010

Very much a minimal gaming day, a little over an hour in the morning and just about an hour after dinner.
The morning was spent checking out the store associated with Battlefield: Bad Company 2. For the past week or so the store was off line - some recognized issue that the company was working on. I had read that a patch was in the works, and thought that it might be worth checking it out. As I loaded the game a patch notification popped up and I accepted the patch. Once it was done, I started the game, and was able to access the store - w00t. For some reason I checked the game and discovered that I had missed one of the collectables (M-Com unit). I guess I found the glitch that I read about, but thought it hadn’t happened with my play through. I received a trophy collecting all the M-Com units, but apparently I didn’t, which is the glitch. So I opened up the game and fought, at the normal setting, through the scenario to get it. I checked the other scenarios, saw that all was in order, and quit.
I didn’t get to Final Fantasy XIII, because I wasn’t feeling well and thought it would be better to sleep as much as possible. It helped, but when I was finally up it was dinner time.
After dinner, I wanted to try to finish IL-2 Sturmovik, but part of the second scenario required air-to-ground combat which for me is time consuming. At least my plane was equipped with bombs, which I seemed to have a bit more control of. The combination of heavy flack and improved Me 109 performance (tighter turns than my aircraft) became a problem for me in the second to the last scenario.
Maybe I’ll finish IL-2 tomorrow and get some FFXIII time too, but we shall see.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment