Friday, November 13, 2009

Day One Hundred-three: evening of November 13th 2009

Today we celebrated a birthday, so there was a different focus to todays activities. That doesn't mean that no video games were played. Part of the day was devoted to waiting for more packages to be delivered, so after some horizontal surface dust removal, I hit the Xbox 360 and some more Dragon Age: Origins to be played.
At this stage of my RPG development, most of the heavy action requires heavy 'trial and error' work. I had to go into the tactical mapping to select stance and reaction. Light weight action could be handled by bait and ambush, or picking off one or two of the enemy before the remainder of the group reacted. This has proved to be very successful. But it failed when confronted with superior numbers combined with one or two stronger characters. For a while, I was having trouble with the 'hold' and 'move freely' commands. Once I sorted out those commands and tweaked the tactics of the characters in my group, things fell into place.
All gaming activities ceased when the birthday activities began. Now I'll fire up my Xbox 360 an put in COD: MW2 and try a higher difficulty level.
The birthday activities were a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment