Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day One Hundred-five: evening of November 15th 2009

I upgraded Parallels 4.0 to version 5.0 this afternoon. No Bears today, the fait accompli occurred Thursday, so there was plenty of time to install and check out the upgrade without a hint of distraction. After inserting the upgrade disk, clicking on the install icon, filling the activation code along with the 5.0 registration, and then I let the application do the rest. When it was done, version 4.0 was gone and Parallel 5.0 was ready to go. It had located the existing Windows XP hard drive, accessed it when I activated the emulator, and bam. Windows XP loaded up and looked like it should. Next, I checked out the system by running some games. Most worked well, but one had mouse issues. I’m not sure if it is the upgrade, because it exhibited a similar problem with the older Parallels. This I'll have to check out.
I had to stop, my wife had started a project that required the application of muscles power, and we went to the Salvation Army donation center with about a dozen bags and boxes of slightly used and new apparel. After the drop off, my wife went to Kohl’s outlet and I went into Best Buy. After spending twenty minutes of flip-flopping between Demon Soul (PS3), Borderlands (360, PS3), and Dragon Age: Origins (PC), I opted out for Borderlands (PS3). I was interested in the game play, weapon mods, and graphics of the game. The game has better than average reviews, so I think it’s a decent purchase. I was thinking about getting Dragon Age for the PC as a testing device for the upgrade that I had just applied to my Mac. The mouse problem with the one game became a concern so I decided against that game.
I haven’t had a chance to play anything since yesterday, and probably won’t be able to game tonight either. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment