Monday, November 9, 2009

Day Ninety-nine: evening of November 9th 2009

The other day, I mentioned the fact that I have problem managing my group in RPGs (role playing games). As I was preparing the dog’s evening meal, I happened to be playing one of Xbox Live information videos on the Xbox 360 about Dragon Age: Origins covering exactly that topic. I wasn’t able to hear all the information because I was concentrating on preparing our pet’s food, but that’s not a problem because these video spots are available all the time.
Both the Xbox and PlayStation have information networks access through the consoles, provided you have internet access. Both are obviously self-promoting, but Xbox Live has more nuts and bolts spots devoted to specific games, like the strategy one I just mentioned for Dragon Age. I know that I bypassed a lot of basic information about setting up and using the Xbox 360 when I first used it because I was ‘knowledgeable’ and ‘tech savvy.’ It was made clear to me that I could pull up even older informational video clips whenever I needed them. That’s a nice safety net to have at your finger tips.
Well Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be out shortly, or out if you live on the East Coast. I’ve got a package coming tomorrow for my wife, but UPS usually delivers in the afternoon, so I’ll go out in the morning to pick the video games. Then, I’ll spend the afternoon not playing Dragon Age.

No comments:

Post a Comment