Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day One Hundred-eight: evening of November 18th 2009

Not going to cover too much today. Most of the morning was spent on the usual housework-laundry, dishes, kitten maintenance, et al. I worked on splicing together the video clips of Olivia. Overall it worked out well. My biggest error occurred when I shot the clips in the first place. I held the iPhone the long axis up, or portrait. The whole video format is set up on the horizontal. When I imported it into iMovie, it became the center action strip in a black horizontal HD rectangle. I thought I could pull a Photoshop and crop it out in Final Cut Pro, but I was wrong. Now I wonder what will happen if I import it straight into FCP - the next experiment. Maybe I’ll try it tomorrow.
The afternoon was spent getting ‘pwned’ (basically, a gamer term for being totally dominated). Last night, I played Modern Warfare 2 from about one am until just a little after 2 am in the morning. I advanced four levels, not to bad for me. It was better than my first attempt in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It took me about two hours to advance foul levels. I guess I learned something. But this afternoon, I seemed to revert back to my first adventure, in two and a half hours I advanced just three levels. In urban warfare I was downed three times as much as I dealt death to the enemy. I was not a help to my team. In more open country, or a mix of buildings and open space, I was about fifty/fifty, deaths to kills. Now I wonder how I will fare the next time out.
I finished off the afternoon, with a few missions in Borderland. I’m not sure I always understand the assignments. The structure seems to be similar to quests in Oblivion or Fallout 3. I’m going to pay more attention to what I accept as a mission and thoroughly understand what needs to be done before I start that assignment.
I’m going to get ready to watch some television with my family. Flat screen TVs and High Definition programming are wonderful to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment