Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day One Hundred-sixteen: evening of November 26th 2009

Another example of brevity. Regarding today’s action in Borderlands’ Reaver scenario (Two Wrongs Make A Right): “Veni, Vidi, Vici (Julius Caesar).” Underestimating my opponent was not an option today. Thanksgiving dinner was coming up, but I needed to take some Advil for my ankle and rest it a bit. This had to be done in less than an hour, give or take fifteen minutes.
A draw back to saving in Borderlands is the fact that you end up at the start of the scenario. But in this case it was fortuitous, I had completed the Krom’s canyon scenario, and the Reaver scenario shares the same starting point. I studied the map a bit, trying figure out what I did wrong the day before, leaving that activity still confused.
I have to remember, in this game, don’t relinquish ground gained. Going back to hunt for supplies usually allows re-spawning of the bad guys. Then I had to defeat them again at the cost of the supplies gathered and med kits which may not be available that deep into the scenario. So, after the first repulse, I remembered, and keep pushing forward. I reached the point of confusion, looked around and saw a large corrugated wall with what appeared to be a lever. Huzzah! My next action became crystal clear, activate the lever, use my shield gun, clear out the Reaver’s henchmen, and take down the Reaver - I came, I saw, I conquered.
So much for “Another example of brevity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment