Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day One Hundred: evening of November 10th 2009

I’m exhausted.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 does not disappoint. The controversial part, where the gamer plays the part of terrorist, can be an issue. Infinity Ward has made it optional. In other words, you can opt out of playing this part of the game without any penalty. If you don’t choose the high road, you are in for a potentially disturbed mind set. I’m not going to describe it. I’m not going to set up a spoiler situation - you decide.
I’m really sorry but I’m really tired. I’ve fallen asleep four times while I’m typing this. I’m going to take the dawg out and then “hit the sack.”
I was thinking, as I walked the dog, that if the I had read a passage in a novel that created the same nefarious act, I would have considered it a plot device. As you shifting from the passive observer as the reader and becoming an active participant in the horrendous deed, does it then strip the act of the label of plot device? What does it change it to if you do strip away label? I mean you are set up to do commit the crime by a government official. You act in good faith, but should you? I'm going to try an experiment and will let you know in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment