Monday, November 16, 2009

Day One Hundred-six: evening of November 16th 2009

Had to wait for some packages, so I just settled in for about three hours of Borderland (PS3) with a smattering of the Spec Ops component of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360).
It was a fun afternoon, if by fun I meant getting ripped apart by a four legged creature that a cross between a large dog and the two legged screaming monster in Tremors 2 (letting one of my guilty pleasure movies surface), shot at by characters ripped from any post apocalyptic survival movie (ala Road Warrior), or crawling through the snow, trying to sneak through a heavily guarded creek bed without giving away my position to either the guards or their dogs. Seven unsuccessful tries in the later, and achieving the seventh level in the former. Like I said at the beginning, a fun afternoon.
Tomorrow, I go out to pick up Assassin Creed 2 (PS3). I thought it was due out next week, and was pleasantly surprised to receive a text message from GameStop letting me know that if I wanted to pick up the midnight release of the game, to show up early to handle any trade-ins or purchases prior to the distribution of the game. Chances of another fun afternoon are good, provided Murphy’s Law doesn’t kick in at some time between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment