Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day Ninety-one: evening of November 1st 2009

Experimented a bit with Scribblenaut, but quit when I started watching the Bears (defense was better today, but the offense scares me - it can be “good guys, bad guys” rolled into one).
60 Minutes had an interesting show on piracy in the movie industry. I came in at the end, so I missed the statistics, but the part of the issue that I would always emphasize, to my students, was being elaborated on. I would tell my students, that although the corporation and stock holders were making millions in profit, it was the workers that would ultimately suffer from the decrease in profits. I would try to communicate that if you had to work for hours programming a game and knew that profits determined your success, would you want to have anyone getting a copy of your work for free?
My wife informed me that ‘the Mob’ was involved in the pirating of movie DVD’s. That is a scary thought. And then she said, BitTorrent was involved - extremely disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment