Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day Ninety-eight: evening of November 8th 2009

I ran into the same problem that I wrote about last night as I played Dragon Age: Origins. I could not pass a certain door after I had been defeated. Locked out and my only hope of success was success. I restarted the game from a different save point and tried again, two more tries and I had defeated all the creatures in the room and could move on. The game forces you to evaluate the weakness of your enemy and change strategy to play that weakness as you move through an area. I find that very challenging in a game. After completing that level and receiving a character update, I had to shut down for breakfast. I didn’t fire up the machine after that. It felt good, solving the level, using a nice mix of fire control and trait exploitation. I hope to go back to the game before I sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment