Friday, November 6, 2009

Day Ninety-six: evening of November 6th 2009

Mostly a low tech adventure today. I assembled some hard drive racks, so that my wife can daisy chain some 500 gigabyte hard drives. spent the rest of the day was showing some of her student workers how to work with the silk screen system. We pulled about thirty tee shirts for her classes to wear, and then cured them to make the design waterproof. The three student were very self directed. Once we set the production flow up, they handled the rest. That is one of the things that I enjoyed about working with my students when they were engaged in a project that enjoyed working on.
Of course, generating assignment that rose to this level was my challenge. I learned a saying in the Coast Guard, “Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.” Over a period of time , through trial and error, I ended up with a set of assignments that got the students involved and engaged.
Now, I’m sitting in front of my netbook, reminiscing about today, Yesterdays, and I’m glad that I have all in mind.
Maybe, I'll sneak in some Dragon Age later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment