Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day One Hundred-seven: evening of November 17th 2009

Well after today, I’ve got enough ‘game’ to keep me busy until January or February of next year. The list of games available for play are: Dragon Age: Origins and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the Xbox 360, and Borderlands, Assassins Creed 2 for the PlayStation 3. Oh, I almost forgot, there is Dead Space: Extraction for the Wii. With those as the line up, it was easy to place a deposit on Mass Effect 2 which is scheduled for a release towards the end of January 2010-plenty of time,
After storing the pet supplies and removing the plastic wrappers, I loaded up Assassin’s Creed 2 and got into the opening scenarios of that game. The tutorial is worked into the initial scenario, and I quickly get lost after I completing some basic tasks. I have to familiarize myself with the menu structure and master the act of scaling the façades of building. The cityscape is remarkable. Whenever you climb certain viewpoints, you scan and open the map to the areas that you espy. It is magnificent. In front of you is spread the terra cotta tiled roof tops of the city, while below the human component of the environment move about the streets of that city. I finally find home, meet my family, and begin running errands for my father, my mother, my sister, and my younger brother (feather search). At this point in time, my character is an irresponsible, carousing, firebrand, spoiling for a fight. The nature of my errand changes to some suspicious packet delivery and pick up. When I start my mission, my family is a respected in the city of Florence, when I return from a pick-up my father, and brothers are in prison and I send my mother and sister into hide. The city fathers have the guards looking for me, and I wonder if this has anything to do with my father’s work for the Medici family. They are our powerful benefactors, but out of the city at this time.
Like a good novel, the plot thickens, but a dinner break is required, so I quit the game, eject the disk, and shut down the PS3. Maybe I’ll get back to the game, but then again there are three other games that can be considered worthy of my attention.
Again, maybe I’ll get back to the game this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment