Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day One Hundred-nine: evening of November 19th 2009

Right now I making some backup copies of Snow Leopard for my wife’s graphics lab. The school system has contracted a software update program from Apple that keeps her classroom machines up to date for any Apple software product. It is pretty effective, but time consuming to install using the single disk or single set of disks. That is why I’m making the copies, so that she can cut down to the install processing in her classroom lab.
During the day, I played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin’s Creed 2. I accidentally loaded Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 2 was in my hand, but I opened COD4 and put it into the computer - very strange, but I discovered that I was at level 3 when I stopped playing that game. There were individuals still playing multiplayer COD4, but I passed. I wanted to go back to see if I could advance any more.
By the time I finished playing, I had advanced a couple of levels in COD: MW2. Started just shy of level 8 and when I ended the session I was just a bit over level 12. I noticed, that I was still having problems in the urban setting, close quarter fighting. I decided to try a change of armament a submachine gun (MP5) and a military shotgun. It helped a bit, but the lose of range, came back a number of time when I spotted enemy players outside the active range of either of the weapons. I experimented with the snipes’ weapons without much success. Part of it is my ignoring the situational heads up display (HUD) that might let me know of any approaching enemy. When the map opened up, I did a bit better. I also recognized the fact that if I was familiar with the terrain, I knew some of the spots that would be used by an enemy sniper and use that knowledge to my advantage. As long as I keep the kills/killed total on the positive side, I’m helping my team. I like the team player approach, even though I don’t know any of my teammates.
Assassin’s Creed 2 is still in the pre-assassin stage. My imprisoned father has sent me on an errand to a secret room in the house to retrieve papers that should prove his innocence, hidden with the documents are the clothes of the assassin I am to become. Little do I realize at the time that this will be my future occupation, or the person that I am delivering the papers to will betray my family.
So, I’ve just seen the male members of my family, betrayed and murdered. My mother and sister are safe, and I find out, hiding in a local brothel, whose madam will ultimately introduce me to the skills necessary to become an assassin. That is the current state of my character this evening. This is the setup for my quest for revenge, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment