Monday, January 11, 2010

Day One Hundred sixty-two: Evening of January 11th 2010

Today’s activity was again one dominated by inactivity. I was just out of focus enough, because of the mild cold that I had, to require deeper periods of rest after mild exertion. Laundry and walking the dog required almost a two-hour nap. Making the bed, cleaning the bathroom floor, and putting away the dishes required over an hour asleep. After a large cup of coffee with breakfast, I was able to play Dragon Age: Origins for almost an hour, but stared to drift off, so I saved my progress, and went off to make some beds while I had the physical energy to do something.

This cycle of energy and depletion was the mode of the day. I’m glad that I had my laptop loaded with some digital copies of favorite films. What I mean by watching isn’t necessarily ‘watching’ a copy of a video. It breaks down as follows: I setup my laptop, push back in the recliner, load up a video in iTunes, begin the film, start watching it, and find out how tired I am by seeing how long I stay awake. When I wake, I wonder how I was able to fall asleep so smoothly, so inevitably. Many times there is no transitions. I’m watching and the next thing I don’t know is I’m asleep, to awaken some undetermined time later.

Viewing those movies using my laptop was the other use of technology. I have stored movies on both my Toshiba netbook and my Mac Book Pro. I wondered if I could transfer some of the iTunes movies on my Toshiba to my Mac Book. Grabbing my eight gigabyte memory stick and copying (yes, highlighting the video file and using the 'Copy' command) to the memory stick, Then, after plugging the memory stick to my Mac I simply activate the ‘Add to library’ command to have the video file transferred to the iTunes movie library (on average six minutes).

That was easy, and I’m glad it was. I’d have no energy or patience to begin trouble shooting if there was a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment