Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day One Hundred seventy-one: Evening of January 20th 2010

The new PS3 controller and Army of Two: The 40th Day arrived, as expected - really. But this morning, I decided to check the progress of the package - to see if it was on the truck. Well according to the Amazon site it still was listed as at the drop off site. I copied the USPS ID, pasted it into its tracking entry point, and hit return. Viola? It hadn’t been received by the Postal Service, only notified of its existence – wow! What was going on? I wasn’t going to lose any sleep over this. I’ll wait through the day and if the situation doesn’t resolve itself today, I’ll call up customer service tomorrow. Somewhere in the back of my head, I felt it would be delivered today. Tah Dah!, at about 3 pm the doorbell rang and there was the box sitting near the door.

What was the line from Cool Hand Luke, “What we have here is a failure to communicate.” Even with digital communication that line can still apply. Of course in the industry their line is, “Garbage In, Garbage Out,” or GIGO. I guess as long as it works within the tolerance set up by the USPS, all is good.

For as long as it is needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment