Friday, January 1, 2010

Day One Hundred fifty-two: Evening of January 1st 2010

The shift has occurred, I’m typing this entry in MS Word 2008 for Mac. I tried once more to work with the MS Works files from my netbook, trying the insert approach but that resulted in the same outcome – failure to cleanly open file. I guess it’s appropriate that I start the new year out working on a different, hopefully more stable, application.

We shall see.

Batman: Arkham Asylum was started today. It’s an action-adventure video game with a stealth element incorporated into the game play. Basically the Joker has tricked and trapped Batman in Arkham Asylum which has been conveniently been stocked with Joker’s henchmen. I’ve just fought through the tutorial section where I learned the basics of movement, fighting, and the use of special functions. One such functions is the detective mode, which, when activated, alerts you to any points of interest that you might need. It is fairly straight forward, and flows smoothly from one learning experience to the next, while getting you deeper into the Joker’s trap. It was fun, but after dinner, I decided to play some Borderlands. It is still rewarding primarily because the difficulty has matched, if not exceeded, my level of development. I’m not sure if the experience point additions from my battling will result in any more advancement.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment