Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day One Hundred fifty-seven: Evening of January 6th 2010

I just ordered Army of Two: The 40th Day and a new controller for the PlayStation 3.

I’m hard on controllers. I consistently drive the stick into the upper edge to emphasize the need for speed. I don’t think anything really goes faster if this is done, but it feels so good. Now I get forward drift when I’m using either of the two controllers. I went online yesterday to see how to get into the controller to try to fix the problem. From past experience, I know that I won’t be able to do anything, because I didn’t see a drift adjustment (potentiometer bias adjustment) in any of the online descriptions. But I wanted to try, who knew what I would find inside the controller. When the exploratory work was done, nothing could be done to fix the problem. For a minute, I considered pulling out my soldering iron out and use parts from the one broken controller to fix the other, but I wanted to continue playing. When the new controller arrives, maybe then I’ll fix the other units (if I can find my soldering iron).

Speaking of returning to something to work on, I mentioned that there was a login for the CoolIris plug-in, and that I was going to check it out. It appears that it’s primarily a demographics thing - to see who the viewership is in order to tailor the information place in the plug-in. The developers state that the information supplied will be kept private. You can, also, be put on an email list to keep you abreast of new developments in the plug-in.

Today’s game play was Fallout 3 on the PS3. It was fun, and there were some new surprise in store for me today. Sometime it plays the same, but that wasn’t the case today.

No comments:

Post a Comment