Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day One Hundred seventy: Evening of January 19th 2010

I was waiting for Army of Two: The 40th Day and a new PlayStation 3 controller that was supposed to be delivered today. Of course, that’s an approximate delivery date, but all during the Christmas shipping season United States Postal Service was on time, or ahead of schedule. I’m not bothered that much by this delay, but just curious. I wonder what the USPS on time delivery rate is. I’m sure there is some organization charts performance. I’ll check out the Inspector General Office, or better yet, the Google search engine.

The initial results from the Postal Service were from 2001 (where the results were mixed-less than the desired 87% on 3 to 5 day deliveries – with other deliveries on or above expected percentages) and the third quarter of 2008 statistics below:

Nationally, delivery scores reached record highs for all three categories of mail the U.S. Postal Service tracks:

- Overnight service was 97 percent on-time, up from 96 percent the same period last year.

- Two-day service was 95 percent on-time, up from 93 percent the same period last year.

- Three-day service was 94 percent on-time, up from 91 percent the same period last year

I’m satisfied with the Postal Service. The individuals that I’ve dealt with were professional and respectful. And, as I’ve said, the service is at or above their stated goals. I like the electronic tracking, although cutbacks or time and motion issues have dropped continuous tracking on the lower priced services. It’s still fun checking the tracking site to see what progress has been made. The downside is that it shows the lack of progress, too.

I’ll see what happens tomorrow. I am looking forward to playing Army of Two: The 40th Day this week.

For as long as it is needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment