Friday, January 29, 2010

Day One-Hundred seventy-eight: Evening of January 28th 2010

Mass Effect 2 was the game of the day.
I'm getting deeper into the plot of the game. I have reached a point where I have the option to go into the final battle, but after listening to comments made by the designers and reviewers about the need to have the strongest possible crew and ship, I'm deferring to their advice. Of course, that's the strategy that I used in the first installment of the Mass Effect trilogy. I find myself setting up contingency plans, in case I have to engage the main antagonist before I have filled out my crew, and bulked up my ship.
This is one of the reason I like the RPGs - the long term planning required for success. In the interviews with the designers at Bioware, hint that it is possible that the lead character to die in the final battle, making that iteration of the main character unavailable for the final chapter of Mass Effect. So, planning to make sure my character survives becomes very important. The tension generated by this end result, enhances the drama going on in the game.
I hope everyone finds this happening when they play their game.
For as long as it is needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment