Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day One Hundred fifty-eight: Evening of January 7th 2010

Fallout 3 and Borderlands were the games of the day. This, of course, was squeezed in between the routine housework, a moderately heavy snowfall (which required shoveling), and the beginning of a head cold.

The nice thing about video games when I’m a bit under the weather, is the distraction it provides. Initially, the congestion and runny nose dominate my state of being, but if the game is challenging enough, the discomfort is diminished. A drawback, caused by the illness, is that I fall asleep when the action becomes monotonous.

In Fallout, I’ll be walking along, going from Point A to Point B, and the next thing I know “Where am I?” is filling my thought or worse, “Why is that monster pounding on me? Run!!!” I think that happened about three times today.

I would have returned to Fallout in the evening, but I notice that the latest downloadable software for Borderlands was posted on the PlayStation network. I had been waiting for 'Mad Moxie’s Underdome.' I downloaded it and played it in split screen. Definitely a survival challenge, but I didn’t quite understand what was going on. I’m going to have to try it again in single rather than split screen mode. Just a brief statement about where the confusion occurs - I couldn’t figure out how to get out of it after the first round of challenges. I just wanted to test it out and quit.

Tomorrow will be another snow day, maybe, I’ll feel better after shoveling and squeeze in some more gaming, especially Borderlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment