Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day One Hundred sixty-four: Evening of January 13th 2010

It was an iPhone day, again.

This time after chores were done, I decided to watch one of my Blu-ray videos. I tried to find The Watchman video, but I couldn’t locate it. It’s in the house, but where is the reason for the search. After a while I decide to call off the search and pick out one of the more recent acquisitions. I settle on 9. As I separated the videodisk from the case, I thought something to the effect, “I’m going to have to buy a remote for the PlayStation 3, so I don’t need the game controller to play the DVDs.” I grab the controller, plug in its recharge cable (it’d running low again), and insert the disk into the PS3 slot. I don’t remember punching play, but the menu appeared on the screen. Now normally I don’t pay much attention to most of the trailers, but something caught my eye, and I watched ad for a free iPhone app called pocket BLU. It was a remote control for the Blu-ray disk that I had just inserted. I went to the App Store on my iPhone, found the app, and downloaded it. Once it loaded, I activated it, and, lo and behold, it worked. Not only did it work, but it recognized the video on the disk. I was impressed. The app controller worked like a regular TV controller. I think it is the free price tag that’s driving my excitement. Well, to finish up this little entry, I fell asleep while I watched the movie. I knew this would happen; it’s usually when that I’m not sure about. Today, it was during the intro. When I woke up, the movie was about a half an hour from completion (I’ll watch it again, I usually do.), and I started to look at the apps feature. I found out that this app only works with Blu-ray disks that have this feature enabled.

Ratz! It looks like I’ll have to get a controller after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment