Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day One Hundred seventy-two: Evening of January 21st 2010

I spent a good part of the afternoon playing Army of Two: The 40th Day on the PS3.

Graphically, it is gorgeous. I haven’t been to Shanghai but the game creates a believable mixture of modern towering skyscrapers and the claustrophobic old city living quarters.

Game play is smooth and engrossing, but I had problem with the partner control. It’s only three buttons, but I get so lost in the action that I forget to control my partner.

The enemy AI is strong. Sitting still will trigger flanking movement (terrain permitting). Cover is used effectively, and few stragglers wander around. Your partner’s movements, targeting, and use of cover match the enemy AI. The partner locator, a small blue disk with a pair of arrowheads pointing down, causes me some confusion when we separate, but it is probably something I’ll get used to. There are occasions when my character selects a location and my partner selects the same, resulting in collisions with him/it.

So far, I’m having fun. I’ll return to the game later this evening, time permitting.

I’m looking forward to the release of Mass Effect 2 next week Tuesday. X-play’s half hour special made it more appealing than I expected. I knew it was good looking but the depth of the plot, and game play, has really made me feel good about pre-ordering it.

For as long as it is needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment