Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day One Hundred seventy-seven: Evening of January 27th 2010

Played Mass Effect 2 for about six hours, the plot thickens, shells are flying, and I’m learning how to use cover on the run. ME2 is still a very engaging game even after ten hours of play with more to come. I really feel I’m getting my money’s worth of entertainment out of this video production.

I just finished creating another photo album on Facebook documenting the USCGC Dallas Caribbean tour of 1972. I posted 40 photos that were scanned from slides and converted to digital images. The scanning is a time consuming process, but the uploading with comments took about an hour.

I experimented with setting up some RAID HD arrays. I’ve got to do a bit more studying, but I think I’m getting a handle on the three types available through Apple’s Disk Utility (Mirrored, Striped, and Concatenated). I ran tests, and I’m gathering some statistic regarding performance.

For as long as it is needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment