Monday, August 24, 2009

Day Twenty-three: very late evening of August 24th 2009

Well if this doesn’t make it on the 24th of August then it will be the very early morning entry of the 25th.
I tried to participate in Mr. Sark’s sniper event in Battlefield 1943 on the Xbox 360, but I don’t think I connected. I played from 8 o’clock (5 p.m. PST) in the evening of the 24th until 12:30 (9:30 p.m. PST) in the morning of the 25th. I had to take a 20 minute break at about ten o’clock to feed the pets (two cats and one dog) and a quick drink (non-alcoholic-got to keep sharp).
Judging by the others playing the game, I was outclassed as a sniper. I had a few good moments, but they were far and few between. I did better with the antiaircraft gun (AA), because that was what I was trained for in the military. Of course that wasn't part of the competition.
One of things that happened that was interesting, was watching total team play. I don’t know if it was coordinated, but the side that I was on for two or three games was down right ‘military’. I couldn’t hear anything. I had my headphones with microphone attached, and early on I heard some noises but nothing that was intelligible. This group took control of checkpoints, with what appeared to be combined arms teams, including ground support supplied by aircraft. The other side tried to take control of the checkpoints, but my side had control of the high ground with snipers and infantry, and near the check point they had armor with submachine gunners with antitank weapons. Occasionally, I was able to get a round or two off in support, but most of the time I watched in awe of what was unfolding before me. Well that’s it for tonight. I’ll try the same thing tomorrow, but this time I’ll be on the PlayStation 3. So I might be late again with my entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment