Friday, August 21, 2009

Day Twenty: late evening of August 21th 2009

Well, I’m beginning to think that the PS3/Battlefield 1943 issue of freezing, is the result of my wireless network. I had the same freeze occur on the Xbox 360 today. It was really funny, I was sitting, playing BF 1943, when the screen froze as I zeroed in my target. I immediately looked over at the PlayStation 3 to see if the drive light was flickering and continued to stare at it wondering why it wasn’t blinking. Then it dawn on me, obviously slowly, it was the Xbox 360. I pressed all the controller buttons that I had pressed the day before on the PS3 controller, with the same results-nothing. I reset without restarting the game. It was dinner time.
I returned after dinner with the intent of playing Fallout 3 on the other Xbox. I had the game right by the console, but I just had to try Battlefield 1943. It didn’t freeze, the screen went blank, popped back on and a information window said that I lost connection to Xbox Live. I could use my controller, so I dropped back into the 'Dashboard', adjusted the external wireless antenna, and on the second try, I succeeded in re-establishing the wifi connection. I went back to the BF1943. I played through a few more sessions without incident, before quitting to feed the dog and work on this entry.
To change the subject, I had to sit in a waiting room while a relative went in for some lengthy tests at a hospital. I was there for about four and a half hours, and had my netbook on most of the time. When I left, I still had 59% of the battery charge left. After checking some sources for about a half hour before starting this, I’m still running on the charge as I type this (35%).
Tomorrow, I’ll get back to Fallout 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment