Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day Four: evening of August 5th 2009

Well I shifted some of the consoles around. Now I have a PlayStation 3 and an Xbox 360 (Arcade) hooked up to the 42 inch flat screen. I put the Wii back in the upstairs bedroom where my wife prefers it. It took about an hour and a half to disconnect, move, hook up, and test everything ( It would have been faster but I checked out a demo of the IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey on the Xbox). Using the HDMI cable really speeds up hooking up the consoles, not to mention the ability to tap into the maximum graphics output of the consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360).
I was angry at myself for forgetting about X-Play’s G-Phoria ‘09. This is the video game show’s annual award show. The unique thing about this award show is that the viewers vote for their favorite games in 18 categories, including Game of the Year. Luckily, I have the DVR set to record any new X-Play shows, which includes G-Phoria ‘09. I’m going to watch it later. The two hosts, Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb, are knowledgeable, witty, insightful, and keep their shows, both the regular offering and any specials, moving smoothly.
If you get a chance, and have a cable hookup, watch the show on G4tv. If you don’t have cable, but you do have internet access, find the show at www.hulu.com or review segments as podcasts through iTunes. The G-Phoria special will give you a nice overview of what’s hot and the categories will clue you into types of video games available.

No comments:

Post a Comment