Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day Twenty-eight: late evening of August 29th 2009

No console gaming today. Other than ‘chores’, I spent the day working on my Mac Book Pro, checking the software after the update. I found some other software updates and applied them. That required further work and spending time making sure the everything was copasetic.
I managed to play a few games on the Mac. One game was an oldie-Oni. I was amazed that it worked at all, but it did. And, other than a quirk that appeared when the character refused to stop running, it was fun to see if I could still hit the combos. The other game was Call of Duty, and that was shock. It was hard. I haven’t played it since July, when I tried to do some on line play. I couldn’t get the hang of coordinating the keyboard with the mouse. But the software worked.
I, also, spent some time doing some editing of the two documentaries. I had to pull out my 400 gigabyte hard drive to use as a scratch disk to stores temporary work files while the editing is going on. That was where I found Oni, and all the old files of my wife and myself from as far back as 2000. It caused my Tech Tool Pro daemon to announce that there wasn’t enough open space on two of the three partitioned drives. I finished one documentary, tomorrow I’ll try to complete the other documentary, and burn the DVD.
There are times when installing an update is like throwing a small rock into a pod, then watch the ring of waves expand outward, diminishing , and slowly all is calm again.

No comments:

Post a Comment