Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day Fifteen: evening of August 16th 2009

The dog has finished its meal, the cat is having its snack, and Vin Diesel is protecting ‘mankind’s last hope’.
I finished Ghostbusters this afternoon. I’m glad I played on casual, because I’d still be playing it. An issue appeared in the closing sections of the game, that was bothersome. Pay close attention to what your fellow ’busters’ say, there were two occasions where directions, other than look in a certain way, were give that I missed hearing. Maybe the volume of the TV was to low, or I was concentrating on something other than the main action. (Spoiler Alert-don’t read the next few lines if you want to solve this by yourself) In the first situation, the directions were repeated, “Use the slime tether,” and I figured out (by accident) to slam the stone cherubs into the gate. The second incident occurred shortly after, all I heard was “pull down the gate,” and again, after slime tethering just about everything to the gate I tried Ecto 1 and that was it. Nobody offered any directions and the silence was frustrating. (End of Spoiler Alert) So these two events slowed me down a bit. I’m glad that the designers put the revive action, because I was saved quite a few times. A very nice inclusion, but it wouldn’t be worth a plug nickel if the artificial intelligence for the ‘busters’ wasn’t up to it. It worked very well. So I only had to restart the level two time-a lengthy reset process.
Well Babylon A.D. is ending, and it was okay. I’m glad that I didn’t purchase the DVD, because this definitely was a one time viewing. Pitch Black (2000) is still my favorite Vin Diesel film (I don’t count Saving Private Ryan because it was an ensemble affair).
I’ve got to find some lessons for my wife. She’s working on a curriculum development project for a Graphic Design program and she needs them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment