Monday, February 22, 2010

Day Two Hundred-two: Evening of February 22nd 2010

Not much to say today. Recuperating from the weekend, so there was a lot of sleeping in the morning, especially after shoveling some heavy wet snow. By the time I was finished taking care of the pets, making the bed, and restocking the bathrooms, it was about one o’clock in the afternoon. I had crackers and cheese for lunch, watched TV, and debated what game to play in the afternoon.
The television became a distraction and I got hooked on lightweight family adventure with “The Rock” in the lead. When it was over, I called my wife to see if she had a powered USB hub so I could try to set up the new laser printer with the hard drive on the wireless network. So a little after 3:30 in the afternoon I began playing Batman: Arkham Academy.
I must have been engaged because it was 5:15 pm when I took a break to check on the pets, hit the head, and get some water to drink. My wife called and said she was having a problem with her digital engraver. At first we thought it was a mechanical problem, but as I got ready to take the dog out, I remembered it’s a Windows application. I called my wife back and got a hold of her as she was leaving, I told her that the problem may not be the machine, but the software. She confirmed that the plate she was engraving had slipped and she stopped the program, before the run was complete.
As far as the game is concerned, I’m playing offense almost completely. Very rarely do I counter an attack by one of Joker’s minions. I’ve got a few combos that I could use but I have yet to work them in either. I know that I’m going to have trouble down the line, so I’m going to make a conscious effort to incorporate the moves into my fights.
When my wife got home, just a few minutes after dinner arrived, and said she was going to re-install the software tomorrow. She remembered that she had removed/uninstalled the drivers for a different model of etcher.
We shall see what happens tomorrow.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment