Friday, February 12, 2010

Day One Hundred ninety-two: Evening of February 12th 2010

A major relapse with the cold, I woke up feeling almost as bad as I did on Monday. Very frustrating, but I was able to sleep on and off again most of the morning and into the early afternoon. I didn’t dream about gaming or working on my laptop or setting up the new printer or reading the Snow Leopard server manual. Then again, I rarely remember any of my dreams, so maybe I did. That’s the kind of thought process that demonstrates the fuzziness in my brain when I’ve got a bad cold.

I thought I felt sharp enough to play some Mass Effect 2 after I woke up, but was I wrong. There was a mini task in one of the scenarios where I had to save a character by warning her of the plot against her. All I had to do was find her, start a conversation with the leader of a gang and include two words, spoken in a certain order, which will cause her to leave. i walked around the bar, finally finding the gang leader, and could not remember the order of the words. I excused myself, found doomed character’s associate, had him repeat the order, and tried to save the endangered woman. I blew it. Talk about soft in the head, I am glad I saved the game just before I started the scenario. At least I had enough sense to do that. Once that quest was finished, I decided to do some mining. It is sort of mindless, but the acquired minerals help support the development of the offensive and defensive capabilities of the ship, the crew and myself. Not a lot of thinking is required, and that worked out just fine.

Maybe I’ll feel better tomorrow, I certainly hope so.

For as long as it is needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment